Sunday, January 4, 2009

Greetings and Salutations 2009

So, hello. I have decided that 2009 will be the year I finally write down all the thoughts that are swirling around in my head. I don't know if in retrospect I will be able to say this idea was inspired or not but at the least it should be interesting. I have never had a blog before, mainly because I never thought anyone would care what I had to say. I have not all of the sudden decided people will care, but simply that the purpose of having a blog is not having readers. The purpose is to have a place to chronicle your life. Would I be thrilled to look one day and have a following of hundreds? Sure! But that's not really important. If all this ever amounts to is my own personal remembering place, that will be ok too.

I'm sure the pressing question right now to my avid reader is "what the heck is this blog going to be about?" That's a fair question. I think it will be about a lot of things, but I'm sure it will have a strong focus on what I do in Second Life. I have a cast of Characters in my SL that should probably be introduced as I will refer to them often, and I will endeavor to do that in the upcoming days. I manage a couple of stores which I will undoubtedly advertise shamelessly in the course of this blog. I have some incredibly creative friends who will also get there share of free praise and accolades. Oh and this past year I discovered building and occasionally mangle some prims to create some kind of bauble that then just goes and sits quietly in my inventory. Maybe I will let them see the light of day in this blog as well. I also like to play with words and ask questions that no one seems to be able to answer.

So that, in a nutshell, is what you will find in this blog. No lofty aspirations of changing the world with my poignent insight. I expect that will happen, but when it does I will be sure to act completely surprised!

Bye for Now

No comments: